Owners of Hitchner’s Furniture: (L to R) Leon, Cindi and Martin Erdner
Hitchner’s Furniture was established in 1898 by James E. Hitchner, and passed down to his son, Evan Hitchner.
Evan passed away in 1993 and the store was purchased the following year by Martin Erdner. It reopened in 1994 and the long-time staple name of “Hitchner’s” remained. The store has been run by the Erdner family ever since.
Our family tradition continues, with a 25,000 square foot store in Quinton Township, Salem County. Our showroom is packed with brand name furniture at affordable prices. We offer furniture for every room of the house, bedding, major appliances, and televisions.
Stop in to see one of our friendly sales people and browse our beautiful store on the outskirts of Salem, New Jersey. We serve all counties in South Jersey including Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Salem, and Ocean counties.